CatholicTV® Network to Air Live Town Hall Meeting Against Physician-Assisted SuicideOn Wednesday, October 3, 2012, join the CatholicTV Network along with Cardinal Seán O’Malley and a group of concerned Catholics to openly discuss Physician-Assisted Suicide
WATERTOWN, MA (October 2, 2012) On Election Day in November, the people of Massachusetts will be asked to accept or reject the so-called “Death with Dignity” Act. If passed, it will allow an adult resident of Massachusetts, deemed to have the capacity to make health care decisions, and determined by two physicians to have a disease that will likely result in death within six months, to request and receive a prescription for a lethal drug that he or she may self-administer.
The Town Hall Meeting will include the following panelists:
• Cardinal Seán O’Malley, OFM Cap is the Archbishop of Boston.
• Rev. Tad Pacholczyk, Ph.D. is a priest of the diocese of Fall River, Massachusetts. A
• M. C. Sullivan, RN MTS JD, is a nurse-bioethicist-attorney who is Director of Ethics at Covenant Health Systems in Tewksbury, MA.
• Janet Benestad, M.A., is the Secretary for Faith Formation and Evangelization for the Archdiocese of Boston and is the Director for the Archdiocesan Education Campaign against Physician-assisted Suicide in Massachusetts.
• John Howland, M.D. was born in Boston, Massachusetts in 1953, graduated from Harvard College and Tufts University of Medicine.
Join Cardinal Sean O’Malley and a group of concerned Catholics to openly discuss Physician-Assisted Suicide to ensure that the families of people with terminal illnesses will never feel they have been left alone in caring for their needs. The claim that the ‘quick fix’ of an overdose of drugs can substitute for these efforts is an affront to patients, caregivers and the ideals of medicine.
Please support the opposition of Physician-Assisted Suicide and join the CatholicTV Network on October 3, 2012 at 8PM ET.
BCI supports the effort to oppose Physician-Assisted Suicide. Tune-in if your schedule permits.